New Mexico Storm

Last night we had a rain/thunderstorm. I took it upon myself to try and take a picture of a lighting bolt. Jonathan stayed out in the rain with me. I never realized how hard of a job that would be!



Jonathan awaiting the coming storm....


It starts getting windy....


Dark storm clouds gather....


The last ray of sun disappears....


It starts getting dark....


To the right of the picture the camera caught a flash of lightning....


Jonathan, (Who hopes to become a weatherman,) predicts that there will be more lightning.... :)

I took this picture just for fun....
...and lastly this is my attempt of taking a great picture..... :(
I never did get a good picture of lightning but this storm did remind me of Matthew 8: 23-27:
Then He got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"
If Jesus could control a storm why do we worry about anything? God holds everyone and everything in his HAND including our worries and fears. He is in control!
Anyways, my Mom called Jonathan and I inside so we wouldn't get struck by lightning....I never realized a photographers life could be so dangerous! :)


Monday, May 18, 2009

1 Comment:

Josh said...

What an endevour! I can definitely say that I have never captured a lightning bolt on my camera.

In Christ,
Josh

 
Life In A Family Of Ten - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger