Kelsey's Poems

Here are a couple of Kelsey's poems. I can't put them all on this blog because there are so many.

Jesus: The Light of Hope

I was walking in the light
When darkness overcame
The thunder rumbled from afar
And from the heavens came the rain
Temptations circled round me
To make me sin no doubt
With pouring rain upon my face,
“My Jesus!” I cried out.
I began to feel so sorry
That I had come that treacherous way.
“It would have been simpler to stay!”
Thought I, as the sky turned darker grey.
Then soon this pity of myself
Crept deep within my heart.
“If only storm and rain would cease,
Or else, I’ll fall apart!”
Just then a glint of sunlight,
Peeped it’s golden head
For darkness cannot dwell within
That light of golden red.
I knew that through my pouting face,
I acted very wrong!
The bright sun seemed to show me this
My complaints are now long gone.
I then heard a strong sweet voice:
“Stay close, I’ll give you strength!
You are my child, I’d never leave you
For any given length!”
I am now enclosed in darkness,
And once again, alone.
But I’m not afraid, I have no fear,
For God’s mercy I’ve been shown.
Eventually I know this road will lead
To places all unknown.
At that time the sun will shine
In my everlasting home.
If you feel like you’re in the dark,
Don’t worry for you’ll see,
Our Lord, our Hope, our All in All,
Jesus Christ will set you free.


America
America great and beautiful
Let us show for all to see
America, you, who once stood tall
Was meant to be born free.
When we, God’s children have gone astray
Have hurt you Lord, in any way
Let us remember as we live
This life will pass, cause “things” don’t stay
Though we may boast
Of this nation who stands tall
If we depend on objects to bring us
Our great nation will soon fall.
If we God’s children rely on Him
America will, again begin
It starts with us to make that change
Even if this change means steering from sin.
Again may our nation, who once stood tall
Rely on our Maker, the creator of all.


But Not Alone
I smiled at little things, knowing not of life’s long way
Falling down and getting up, these lesson’s, smiles, and play-
But not alone.
I walked through the path of childlike faith
Going through life with a tear and a laugh-
But not alone.
I grew even more as I learned of life’s deep truths.
Stumbling many times, learning how to lose-
But not alone.
This life I found was hard and this pathway rough
It may not be easy, and I’ve traveled though it’s tough-
But not alone.
The farther I’ve come on this path of life, the more I see mistakes.
I know now, I can teach the young, of the wisdom that life takes-
But not alone.
Old and feeble in my bed, only lonely day’s I know.
There’s but a thin pillow to rest my head, labored breath just seems to grow-
But not alone.
And now, I finally shall close my eyes, my last breath now upon me.
My spirit rests in quiet strength, to heaven eternally-
But Not alone.

My Mothers Hands
When I see my mothers hand
I see all of the love-
The care to completer each task
That has been given from above.
I see the loving touch she gives,
The gentleness and helping hand
I see the care that’s been put in
So that her house, won’t be built on sand.
I see the many times,
When sharing was the choice
A quiet and meek spirit
And as well, Her gentle voice.
My mother is called blessed
At the gates she will be praised
It is love that keeps her going
Through life’s hard and tiresome maze.
It’s her hand that shows the care
Of meals kindly done.
All through life she trusts in God,
In Christ, she’s always won.
My mothers hands, as well show faith
In Jesus Christ with trust
Every prayer with clasped hands sent up
In faith, she knows she must.
When ‘er I see my mothers hands
It reminds me of her grace.
Her love to care for people like me
As well as joy’s full case.


My Mothers hands may be worn
But that’s what makes them glow.
Shining like silver, even gold,
For these hands of my mother I know.
So know proclaim to every parent
To sister and to brother.
This is who we proudly call
Our dearest and sweet mother.

That is all of the poems I will post for now. Maybe I will post more later. Thanks for reading!

Sunday, February 8, 2009

0 Comments:

 
Life In A Family Of Ten - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger